We’re looking for a graduate engineer, with a bit of maturity who is happy to be both hands on and desk based. Experience in Electrical Engineering would be an advantage although the role is for a generalist rather than specialist.
JOB DESCRIPTION GRADUATE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Provides additional resource to a small team involved in the installation and commercialisation of alternative fueled commercial vehicles, primarily diesel/hydrogen dual-fuel. Flexible approach is required from an individual who combines technical, practical and communication skills. Primary location will be Aintree, Liverpool but travel to collaborative partners and customers in UK and abroad may be required.
This position provides the opportunity to get exposure to a wide range of engineering disciplines and a variety of vehicle types as well as to the use of hydrogen as an automotive fuel
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes to specification, design and installation of Duel-Fuel systems
- Contributes to set up and configuration of CAN based onboard display units and tracking systems
- Contributes to software calibration development
- Assists with component specification and sourcing
- Assists with data collation and preparation of project presentations
- Troubleshooting and repair of customer vehicles as required
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Engineering Degree with bias towards automotive discipline
- Ability to read, understand and amend automotive wiring diagrams and technical drawings
- Ability to communicate technical data effectively both verbally and in written form at appropriate level to colleagues, technical contacts and customers.
- Ability to produce accurate written reports
- Working knowledge and experience with computers and computer based diagnostic tools
- Excel as a team player and strive to maximize team performance
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Mustbe a “self-starter” and perform outlined tasks with very limited direct supervision and able to demonstrate a high degree of initiative
- Ability to maintain confidentiality